Sunday 15 October 2017

Slingshot through time and space: a poem

Slingshot through time and space 
 by Mike Sasaki

My friend is a slingshot and I am the stone.
Afraid he'll propel me toward the unknown,
I look to my side, there's a wandering star.
Quickly it passes and soon its afar.
Onward I go through the densely knit ferns
Keeping feet off the ground so they don't get burned.
I shall not resist as I soar through the air.
Am I dreaming or dying? There's no time to care.
The black hole approaches but where do I go?
Am I travelling through time or the cosmic window?
What do I know? And where am I going?
The outer world stops and I feel like I'm glowing.
The ears are now plugged and silence does reign.
The endless low humming mutes slightly the pain.
To feel the existence of being located here
Would be like travelling afar yet coming back near.
I wake and die together I flow
Through the glass of no window.

MikeSasakiWoodForms - online shop

2 comments:

  1. Se perciben a la vez sensaciones de vacío y de plenitud ...
    Meli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insightful and vibrant comment. Also, thanks for instigating a Spanish lesson : )

      Delete